There's a bank holiday for the Queen's Jubilee and that's more than enough reason to celebrate with a fabulous fake bake!
This fake bake celebrating the Queen HAS to be posh. Or at least seem as posh as possible for a tenner. I spotted a Pink Fizz frosting at Morrisons - it's pretty, it's pink for the perfectly pink cake, and it's strawberry and pink fizz flavoured. To me, that fit the bill perfectly.
Running not just with a posh theme, it had to also be afternoon tea. Of course. With quintessentially British biscuits, and the most endearing jam Madeira cake sandwiches with hearts. Because, Queen of Hearts - gettit?
And this is possibly the PRETTIEST Fake Bake Ever. I think Her Majesty would approve!
Fake Bake Recipe - Posh High Tea Cake
@angesdesucre £10 POSH Morrisons fake bake - pink fizz afternoon tea cake. Perfect for Jubilee celebrations. When you’re broke, but bougie. #fyp #cakesoftiktok #fy ♬ NOTHING - Westover
2x Ready-made Round Coconut Sponge Cakes (5" or 6" size)
1 tub (400g) of ready-made Pink Fizz flavour frosting
1 jar of seedless strawberry jam
Custard cream biscuits
1 loaf of Madeira cake
Strawberry milk straws
White chocolate bar
Silver pearl sprinkles
Plain Fairy cakes
1. Prepare the cake decorating station with a cake turntable, angled palette knife, cake scraper, a cake board, a tablespoon, a piping bag fitted with a small star nozzle, a knife and a spatula.
2. Unbox the cakes. Smear a dollop of frosting in the middle of the cake board on the turntable, and then place one of the layer cakes on the board.
3. Decant the frosting into a bowl and whip or stir to loosen and lighten it. Pipe a few thin rows of frosting around the top edge of the cake.
4. Stack the second layer cake on top of the first. Pipe the frosting around the cake. Run a cake scraper along the sides of the cake to smooth. Smooth the top of the cake. Place in the fridge to chill and set.
5. Make the Madeira cake jam sandwiches. Slice the Madeira loaf cake into 1.5-2cm thick slices. Spread a layer of jam over half of the slices. Cut out small heart shapes with a heart shaped cutter from the other half of the slices. Sandwich!
6. Chop up some Bourbon biscuits. Chop up some Custard Cream biscuits. Use them to sprinkle along the base of the cake.
7. Make the Strawberry ganache. Dissolve the contents of 3 strawberry milk straws in 2 teaspoons of hot water. Melt half of the white chocolate bar over a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl at 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each blast. When it has melted, add the warm strawberry flavoured water and stir into a dripping consistency.
Pour a tablespoon of warm ganache along the sides of the cake leaving gaps. Use the back of the spoon to push drips gently over the edge.
8. Core two fairy cakes and fill with jam. Replace the cut cores on the top. Place the fairy cakes on top of the cake.
9. Fit a piping bag with a small star nozzle tip and fill with the remaining frosting. Pipe swirls over the filled fairy cakes and on top of the cake.
10. Decorate the cake using the biscuits, the Madeira sandwiches and the silver pearls.
Enjoy this cake whether you're celebrating the Queen's Jubilee or any special occasion where only a posh fake bake will do!
Lots of love,