Our customers LOVE pink cakes. Two of our most popular luxury birthday cakes are the Pink Flamingo and the Pink Sweetheart cakes. But it's clear that even the WHOLE WORLD WIDE WEB loves a pink cake considering it is the most viewed and liked cake on my TikTok account.
Fake Bake Recipe - Strawberries & Cream
2x Ready-made Raspberry Sponge Cakes (5" or 6" size)
1 tub (400g) of ready-made Strawberry flavour frosting
Strawberry Swiss roll
2x Hersheys Strawberries & Cream chocolate bars
Pink & Gold Sprinkle mix
1. Prepare the cake decorating station with a cake turntable, angled palette knife, cake scraper, a cake board, a tablespoon, a piping bag fitted with a small star nozzle, a knife and a spatula.
2. Unbox the cakes. Smear a dollop of frosting in the middle of the cake board on the turntable, and then place one of the layer cakes on the board. Decant the frosting into a bowl and whip or stir to loosen and lighten it. Smooth a strawberry frosting layer on top of the cake with an angled palette knife.
3. Stack the second layer cake on top. Pipe the frosting around the cake and on top. Smooth the top of the cake.
5. Make the Strawberries & Cream ganache. Melt one and a half Hershey's Strawberries & Cream bars over a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl at 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each blast. When it has melted, add 2-4 teaspoons of warm water and stir into a dripping consistency.
6. Decorate the base of the cake with sprinkles.
7. Slice the Swiss rolls. Drip the ganache over the tops of the slices using a teaspoon or a piping bag. Decorate with sprinkles.
8. Pour a tablespoon of ganache along the sides of the cake. Use the back of the spoon to push drips gently over the edge.
9. Fit a piping bag with a small star nozzle tip and fill with the remaining frosting. Pipe swirls over the top of the cake.
10. Place the Swiss roll slices on top of the cake.
I took a HUGE gamble on the Swiss roll and I think it paid off in trumps. It does NOT look like a £1 item at all (well...technically it's not I guess as I added ganache and sprinkles to it...but you know what I mean).
With some of it spare you could even style a cute little dessert table with the remaining slices and pink wafers. That would make quite an eye-catching dessert buffet for just a tenner!
Lots of love,