Bling Baked Doughnut Recipe
Soft, light and fluffy, these doughnuts are baked, not fried, so have all the taste of a traditional doughnut, without leaving a greasy film in your mouth.
I’d like to think of them as healthier versions of the popular treat...which means I can help myself to more than one right?
- Pre-heat the oven to 215 degrees Celsius and spray a 12-hole doughnut pan with cooking oil spray
- In a measuring jug, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract and beat in the melted butter
- Sift the flours, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the granulated sugar
- Slowly pour in the buttermilk mix into the mixing bowl and whisk into a smooth batter until no lumps are seen
- Ladle the batter into a piping bag with a 5mm opening and pipe the batter into each doughnut hole in an even circular motion until just over half full
- Bake the doughnuts for 8 minutes till they are golden brown and springy to the touch
- Once baked, leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes
- Slowly twist out each doughnut and let cool on a wire rack
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler (or a microwave oven in a microwaveable dish stirring every 10 seconds)
- Boil the cream in a small saucepan and pour in to the white chocolate and stir till well combined
- With a cocktail stick, add in a small amount of gel paste colouring to reach desired pastel shade—a little goes a long way!
- Once the glaze is cooled to 30-33 degrees, dip 1 side of each doughnut into the glaze and decorate with sprinkles galore!